CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 21, 2008

Rome Italy

As many of you know Matt and I took a once in a lifetime trip to Italy and Germany. We saw soooo much that I have put off posting anything because I wasn't sure how I wanted to do it. We have over 600 pictures and there is NO WAY that I would want to make anyone sit through that ordeal. I have decided to break our trip up into the different cities that we visited and show you the hightlights. Enjoy!

This first picture is Michaelangelo's Moses.
Inside the Vatican


This is the Vatican. I love the street lights that guide you right in. The one thing that was just amazing was how many other tourist were there. I was hoping for more of the 'Roman Holiday' feel.


The Pantheon was just so old, I can't believe it is still standing.





The Trevi Fountain was incredible. The time period that these beautiful things were built makes everything that much more amazing.
We got off the plane and took a train right into the city where our hotel was. It was about 9:30a.m and we hit the ground running. That first day about killed us. It was hot, hot, hot and humid. We hadn't slept for nearly 48 hours except for the plane (who can sleep on a plane) and we walked about 9 miles. We didn't have time to eat and that made it easy to never have to find a bathroom. We did finally stop for dinner, by then Matt and I had about 3 blisters each and we were so thirsty and just getting a glass of ice water is not possible. We did manage to find and try Gelato (Italian icecream). Wow! I am addicited! We made it back to our Hotel at about 8:00 p.m. Where we all fell on our beds fully clothed and didn't move. I did finally get up after about an hour and clean myself up and turn off the lights. Hurray for a nice bed.





2 comments:

Larissa said...

Wow! I am so jealous. I bet your trip was amazing. Post more pictures as you get time. I would love to hear more.

Angi said...

Oh Noelle, that was great. Give me more. I am glad you had such a great experience. It make me want to go now.